Known for her “plethora of employment knowledge,” Jennifer Jauffret is head of the firm’s Labor and Employment Group.
Jennifer represents a wide variety of management clients in all types of labor and employment law matters, from providing advice on day-to-day employee issues to defending clients before state and federal agencies and courts. Providing “advice that is both technically sound and reasonable,” Jennifer’s approach “is quick, focused, efficient and effective” (Chambers USA).
Jennifer is a knowledgeable drafter of employment, severance, separation, nondisclosure, noncompete, and other employee agreements, as well as employee policies and handbooks. She is an experienced trainer and speaker on all aspects of employment law, including harassment, and instructs both managers and employees regarding compliance with ever-evolving employment laws and regulations. Jennifer also trains employers on preventing and reducing exposure to lawsuits. “She can handle pretty much everything” (Chambers USA).
Jennifer brings a detail-oriented, fact-specific approach to difficult matters, with clients noting that she “makes a point to understand the intricacies of our business” (Chambers USA). Jennifer assists businesses with employment issues arising in corporate transactions as well as general employee issues such as noncompete agreements and discipline/termination situations. She has experience
- litigating breach of restrictive covenant cases (including nondisclosure, noncompetition, and nonsolicitation restrictions) in the Delaware Court of Chancery;
- defending clients against charges of discrimination, hostile work environment, and retaliation; and
- defending FLSA, FMLA, and WARN Act claims, and other employee claims in state and federal court.
Jennifer devotes significant time to community service, providing pro bono legal advice to Delaware nonprofits and leading the firm’s team of volunteers who represent abused and neglected children. She also coaches girls basketball at Ursuline Academy. Jennifer received the Delaware State Bar Association’s Community Service Award in 2018.
- Chambers USA, since 2010
- The Best Lawyers in America, since 2008
- The Best Lawyers in America,Wilmington, DE Labor Law – Management Lawyer of the Year, 2022; Labor and Employment Litigation Lawyer of the Year, 2021, 2019
- Benchmark Litigation, 2020
- Delaware TodayTop Lawyer, Labor Law, 2021, 2019; Top Vote Getter, 2013
- Super Lawyers, since 2013
- Delaware State Bar Association, Community Service Award, 2018
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
To keep our clients and friends updated on the latest legal news, Richards Layton distributes practice area e-alerts and newsletters. If you are interested in receiving these publications, please subscribe below.
Let this business know you found them on Delaware Today's Online Directories.